Registration for Spring 2015 is now open.
The Math Workshop WILL NOT appear in STAR.
The ISBN for the Math Workshop e-text and online system MyMathLab is 9781269198394.
Workshop fees are due at the time of registration. Reservations with unpaid fees will be deleted. The fee for the workshop is $250.00. This fee is non-refundable unless the student withdraws from the University prior to the start of the semester. Do not sign up for a workshop unless you are sure that you need to take it. If you take the QRA and test out of the workshop or change your major you will NOT receive a refund.
Forget your Section? Need to change it? Click Here
What is Math Workshop?
The Math Workshop is a one semester, non-credit course designed to prepare students to take College Algebra. It is intended for students who have successfully completed High School Algebra II, but did not meet the requirements (QRA part 1 > 10) for College Algebra. The workshop meets four hours each week during the Fall and Spring semesters and 10 hours per week during Summer Semesters.. All sections meet Monday through Thursday in the Fall and Spring semesters and Monday through Friday in the Summer semesters. Attendance is mandatory. The workshop does not appear in STAR so you must be very careful not to schedule another class or lab at the same time. Students that do not attend the Math Workshop will be dropped from the class and all fees will be forfeited. There will also be several hours of work to be completed outside of class each week. Exams for Spring 2015 are below. Students may test on any of these days at their convenience.
The course is based on mastery. You must demonstrate that you have mastered the material by completing the course with an 80% or higher on all assignments and chapter exams and a score of 70% or higher on the comprehensive final.
Registration and Fees
The fee for the workshop is $250.00. This fee is non-refundable unless the student withdraws from the University prior to the start of the semester. Do not sign up for a workshop unless you are sure that you need to take it. If you take the QRA and test out of the workshop or change your major you will NOT receive a refund.
1) Credit or Debit Card (Preferred-This is the quickest way to have your registration
- Log into the Workshop registration system. If you have not registered for a workshop
do so now.
- Click on the Pay Fees link.
- You should print this page for your records then click the link in the boxed area to go to
the payment process.
- Read this page carefully, enter your name in the box, and check to accept the terms.
- Click the “Submit” button to leave the workshop system and enter the ecommerce
site. Follow the instructions and be sure to provide all of the information correctly to
ensure your payment is credited correctly.
2) Money Order (No personal checks or cash will be accepted.)
- You will need a money order for $250.00 made out to WVU-Mathematics.
- You may mail your money order to:
320 Armstrong Hall
P.O. Box 6310
Morgantown, WV 26506-6310
- Please write your first name, last name, and student number on the money order
to ensure that your payment is properly credited. You will receive a receipt via WVU
- Money orders can be taken to the Math Department as well.
Registration for Spring 2015 is now open. Workshop fees are due at the time of registration. Reservations with unpaid fees will be deleted. Students that do not attend the Math Workshop will be dropped from the class and all fees will be forfeited. You can log back into the registration system at any time to print your class information or change your section.
To register click the link below. Please make sure you register for the correct semester.
*If a section of the workshop does not appear in the drop down menu when registering then that section is full and you will need to select a different section.
- Workshop fees are due at the time of registration.
- Reservations with unpaid fees may be deleted daily at 4pm.
- You will need a Student Access Kit for MyLabsPlus, ISBN 9781269198394, on the first day of class. This kit gives you access to the e-text, Beginning & Intermediate Algebra, online tutorials, homework quizzes, and practice exercises. The access kit can be purchased at the WVU bookstore prior to the first class meeting.
- The Math Workshop WILL NOT appear in STAR or on any schedule you receive from Admissions and Records.
Scheduled Sections for Spring 2015:
January 14, 2015 - May 1, 2015
Testing times for Fall Math Workshops are:
Monday between 9:30 AM and 5:30 PM in 421 ARM
Wednesday between 2:30 PM and 6:30 PM in 421 ARM
Friday between 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM in 303 ARM
ALL sections of the Math Workshop will meet Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
|9:30 AM - 10:20 AM||303 Armstrong Hall||Section 2|
|10:30 AM - 11:20 AM||303 Armstrong Hall||Section 3|
|11:30 AM - 12:20 PM||303 Armstrong Hall||Section 4|
|12:30 PM - 1:20 PM||303 Armstrong Hall||Section 5|
|1:30 PM - 2:20 PM||303 Armstrong Hall||Section 6|
|2:30 PM - 3:20 PM||303 Armstrong Hall||Section 7|
|3:30 PM - 4:20 PM||303 Armstrong Hall||Section 8|
|4:30 PM - 5:20 PM||303 Armstrong Hall||Section 9|
|5:30 PM - 6:20 PM||303 Armstrong Hall||Section 10|